CIS covers most construction work, this can include work to: a permanent or temporary building or structure and civil engineering work such as roads and bridges
For the purpose of CIS, construction work includes:
- Preparing the site – for example, laying foundations and providing access works
- Demolition and dismantling
- Building work
- Alterations, repairs and decorating
- Installing systems for heating, lighting, power, water and ventilation
- Cleaning the inside of buildings after construction work.